Question
Posted by: Bianca | 2010/07/14

Vibration from building site

There is a building site across the road from my office, with earth movers, trucks etc. They make a deep vibrating sound which is at a frequency that you feel it in your chest. It gets so bad that I feel short of breath and even nauseous. Is there a medical explanation for these physical reactions, or is it just because the sound is so so annoying and it has become psycho-somatic? I don'' know how I am going to cope for the duration of the build ... I wear headphones and listen to music which obviously is not ideal, as I can''t hear my phone. Any advice?

Thanks!

Hallo Biance
Noise can be a health and safety hazard, and too much noise can cause physical symptoms. However, I doubt if there is something you can do to avoid it - isn't it quieter at the back of your building, maybe you can move to a quieter office temporarily? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_from_noise

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/14

Hallo Biance