Posted by: C | 2009-09-09

I am well aware of the fat that vetkoek is evil, but I am interested to know approx how many calories there are in one medium size plain vetkoek. Do you perhaps know? I could not find this info on the calorie counter.

Dear C
No foods are "evil", some foods just contain more kJ and fat than others. According to the SA Food Tables homemade vetkoek contains 1537 kJ per 100g. Weigh the next vetkoek you buy and work out the energy content: 1537 x weight of vetkoek divided by 100 = kJ content of that specific vetkoek.

Food as not evil. It's the quantities eaten that can result in evil. You are allowed to eat chocolate but eating 2 slabs per day...that's evil.

LOTS of foods are evil....tons are full of preservatives and additives. Full of bad fats and sugars....can't believe you say no foods are evil!!! You are a doctor right?

Posted by: FAT CAKE | 2009-09-09

Quantity: 1 small
Calories: 340
Kilojoules: 1427

Reply to FAT CAKE