Question
Posted by: Vegan | 2008/11/03

Vet that kills fish for fun?

I suppose I' m not the first one to point out the irony of the fact that CyberVet spearfishes " for relaxation" ?? Is that a joke? And while I' m on that topic, why is that some vets seem ignorant of the hell that factory farmed animals endure to end up on their plates? It' s kind of like having a GP that' s a cannibal. I' m just saying...

Dear Vegan

The impact on the enviroment with spearfishing is zero. Anybody that eats any form of meat do not have an argument about killing fish this way or the ethics regarding this. Thanks to Carol and WR for their input.

As for you Vegan- Go and stuff yourself full of salad and nuts.

13
Posted by: BUNNY | 2008/11/18

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH VEGANS - ALL THESE PEOPLE INCLUDING CYBERVET ARE A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES - THEY AGREE WITH THE INHUMANE SLAUGHTERS OF COUNTLESS CHICKENS, COWS, PIGS AND FISH (FISH HAVE FEELINGS TOO HENCE THEY ARE ALIVE)- ALL OF WHICH ARE ANIMALS, SAME AS CATS AND DOGS, BUT THEY WOULD NOT DREAM OF PUTTING THEIR CAT OR DOG ON THE BRAAI.....

Reply to BUNNY
Posted by: Vegans | 2008/11/05

Lol...I love South Africans. What a deep, compassionate bunch.

Reply to Vegans

Heee Heee Cybervet really that has got to be your best response for 2008!!!

Love it!!!!!!!

Yum Yum I' m having pork sausages for dinner!!!

Posted by: Carol | 2008/11/04

hehheheheh

Oh dear now I think of the steak and Kidney pie with salad I made today .. im a double offender :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Chill | 2008/11/04

Jax! How could you! I' m going to put Tomato Rescue onto you!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: jax | 2008/11/04

My kitchen is full of freshly picked tomatoes screaming in agony after having been brutally ripped from the plant. Shortly I' ll be torturing a lettuce and butchering an avocado to add to the tomatoes....

We all kill to eat, whatever species we are.

Reply to jax
Posted by: Chill | 2008/11/04

Gosh, Vegan, you are an inspiration to us all.

Sorry I can' t post more now - must get back to my braai.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: WR | 2008/11/04

Vegan, then we can also argue that as pet-keepers we are allowing our pets to suffer as it is not the way nature intended for them to be ' kept' .
And if you can look past that ' suffering'  we are letting them ' suffer'  more by giving them the best feeds we can afford, and this allowing them the chance to live longer (than intended) and suffering old age, arthritis, etc etc.

Reply to WR
Posted by: Vegan | 2008/11/04

Dear CyberVet

Thanks for your er, professionalism. I will continue stuffing myself full of nuts, salad, soy and chick peas, not because I am concerned about the environment but because I believe no living, sentient being should be made to suffer. Simple as that.

Reply to Vegan
Posted by: aNNa | 2008/11/04

Anyone that heals more than he/she consumes is okay by me :)

Reply to aNNa
Posted by: Vegan | 2008/11/04

Nah, cats and dogs need meat and can' t rationalise like humans. Vegan pet food is available for order (but one needs to consult their vet before changing their pet' s diet so drastically, and it needs to be done gradually). There are always options. Humans should be more evolved.

Reply to Vegan
Posted by: WR | 2008/11/03

And so we should deny our cats and dogs their animal-protein feeds and let them live of air.

Reply to WR
Posted by: Carol | 2008/11/03

Well Im my very humble opinion there is nothing quite like a decent piece of fish!!

And being under the sea while catching your dinner ???? heaven !!!

We all do different things for relaxation .....

Reply to Carol