Question
Posted by: Jean | 2008/11/07

Vestibular Disease

My cat was diagnosed with vestibular disease after a reaction to having her ears flushed. It' s been nearly 5 weeks &  she stll spends the week at my vet' s &  comes home on weekends. He is treating her for the infected ears (has tried several things). She is still " unbalanced"  when walking, can' t jump up on couch etc &  her head shakes a lot when she eats. Can this take so long &  is it possible the head shaking &  balance will improve as the ears improve????

Dear Jean

Vestibular disease that can be cause by a lot of things. In your case trauma to the middle ear while flushing the ear. It all depends on the amount of damage and what exactly was damaged.