Posted by: Comfort | 2009-03-18

Very worried- Blood in Stools

Dear Cyber Doc,

I have been experiencing a very odd thing and I am worried. for the past two months I occasionally have blood on my stolls and sometimes I will thinks its stolls coming out only to realise later is it only blood, I do not feel any pain at all, but the blood doesnt not seem normal to me

What can it be? please advice

Dear comfort
Please see your doctor - blood in the stools can be caused by infection, internal bleeding of a blood vessel or cancer - it needs to be examined and you may need a colonoscopy ( internal examination under anaesthetic)

Posted by: cally | 2009-03-18

Hi comfort,
Absolutely book a doctor' s appointment asap, it may just be piles but could be something a lot more serious, like crohns disease or ulcerative colitis.

Reply to cally
Posted by: Jen | 2009-03-18

I would book an appointment with a GP immediately.

Blood in stools are not normal, even if you don' t have pain.

Reply to Jen