Question
Posted by: Lysette | 2012/03/19

very weird pains all my life, why?

Hi Doc just wondering if the localisaiton of period pains is supposed to tell u anything, Since I first got periods age 11, I''m 38 now, the pain radiates in my legs the most. Never any uterine or abdominal pain or cramping. My legs will have strange heavy leaden pain or the pain will radiate around my back or flank. When my legs hurt, even the toes are in pain. Its as though I am connected to a low-volt electrical current, thats the only way to describe it, and sometimes the voltage is upped, sending me into a zone of awful bodily pain. Other woman always say they feel cramps and pains in the tummy area - I have never had them there. Are my pains normal? I have had one child, nine years ago, a miscarriage and two terminations prior to that. My periods usually last a week and the first four days are very very heavy, with the worst ''electrical'' pains. I suppose they are normal enough in that periods are just painful things but I just get the feeling the bodily location is not usual, legs, feet and back. Is localisation indicative of anything? Sorry to bring up another issue but after I had the child, I noticed my period blood forever went dark red, never again the bright colour it was before I gave birth. In other words it looks like very old blood, you know that dark ''dirty'' look of old, old blood. Is this any concern, the colour of the blood during one''s period?

The location of the pain does not indictae anyhting. However, it is not usual for pain to go on for four days. This might indicate endometriosis.
Dark blood is normal as it is 'old blood' and womb lining which is being shed.

1