Question
Posted by: marynamo | 2010/05/06

Very very obese

Dear Dr,

I am 32 years old, 1.6m and weigh 115kg. I am so ashamed of myself. I''ve been on weighless on numerous occasions, start off well, loose well, then at the end of the day I just stop and gain even more weight every time. I tend to start eating the exact same thing every day.
I want to join again, but can''t seem to get focused this time. I need to do this for myself and to ensure I have a long life with my children. I have DVT and also can''t walk excessivly, jog or anything like that.
What must I do???

Dear Marynamo
Your present BMI of 44,9 is very, very high, so it would already be a step in the right direction if you manage to lose 10 -15 kg. I would suggest that you could try Xenical. Discuss the use of Xenical with your medical dr, because it has to be prescribed by a dr. Xenical stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat, saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results. When you see the doctor, ask him/her what type of exercise you could possibly do without upsetting the DVT. You may be allowed to swim? But don't do anything that could make the DVT worse. If you find that you are not motivated sufficiently to stick to your diet, then you may benefit from motivational tapes or CDs. Contact Motivation = www.innertalk.com or www.motivators.co.za to find out more about this type of motivation.
Holding thumbs that you will now start losing and stick to your diet.

1

Dear Marynamo