Posted by: Jahaan | 2009-06-23

Very Tired with crazy migrains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello S.E,
I got a huge problem, herbal meds aint working, I have kicked drugs 9 yrs ago plus i dont drink so now... i am rather afraid of anything that can lead me to addiction of any kind... AKA: Medicine...
I cannot sleep, I fall asleep at around 9 or 10, then lay and toss and turn for hours- sometimes the whole night I am awake, I wake up normally at around 6H45 in the week... but in actuall fact i lay in bed awake since 5 o so...
For the past 3 weeks i wake and go sleep with migrains- crazy 1s, so bad I had to get a shot for it, got nice blue bags under my eyes and they' re poofy!!
My body is sooo tired but my eyes flash and brain is awake.
Pls help- what pointers can you give, maybe meditation or what???

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You will need to see a doctor who understands about sleep. You may or may not need medication, but the first choice would be to try to control your problems without. Migraine usually needs some medication to bring it under control, and that alone may help with the sleep problem.

Posted by: anonymous | 2009-06-25

migraines are caused by tension or unresolved problems which is psychological , if u can write down the things that bother you like keeping a diary or something it might help you to overcome those feelings if you willing to express everything to the book. Otherwise you can take deprozan which helped me with my migraines helped me to see my situation more clearer to solve it.

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Jo | 2009-06-23

Hi Jahaan

I know how you feel, i' ve been there myself.

I' ve found two things that really helped me, one was melatonin, it is a hormone that you body produce and it helps to regulate your sleeping pattern, great for people suffering from jet lag etc, you can purchase it a health store.

Secondly, sleeping tablets had the opposite effect on me, it felt like I drank 20 redbulls after taking one, recently I have also been struggling with really bad headaches, due to the tension in my back and neck, the pharmasist gave me cataflam, I used it one night and it relaxed my body complety and I it was the first night in a while that I actually slept through. My theory is that it relaxed all my muscles completly.

Reply to Jo