Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2010/05/14

Very swollen stomach and foot???

Hi Doc.

My mom''s stomach is very swollen, she actually looks pregnant. And her foot is also swollen. She said she isn''t in any pain (i thought it could be her kidneys) She drinks a lot of water and passes urine very frequently so I don''t think she could be retaining water. What could the cause be? Her stomach has been swollen for a few weeks now.

Leanne

There are a multitude of causes for her symptoms and I therefore, strongly suggest that she consults a doctor for an examination and blood tests, to rule out any serious pathology.