Question
Posted by: Worried-K | 2010/09/27

VERY SICK AFTER THE C-SECTION

I had a c-section on 13 September it all went well, I came back home, my wound become better and the pains went away completely within 7 days, except the pain, numbness and swelling of my hands and arms, which makes it difficult to move them especially after waking up. 10 days after the operation, I had a terrible headache, I drinked the pain tablets that I got from my doctor after the operation, called Tramacet but the headache got worse and I became dizzy and I was throwing up, I ended up going to the hospital and they discovered that my high blood was extremely high, which was strange because I never had high blood even when I was pregnant, the doctor at the hospital prescribed HY-PO-TONE 250 three times a day and Lentogesic three times a day, which helped very much with the headache, but my problem is that the dizziness and throwing up never went away and it makes me feel very sick, I am constantly dizzy. I called my doctor’ s room and the sister made an appointment for this Friday and said I must stop taking the Lentogesic and continue taking the HY-PO-TONE in the mean time, but I just need to know what could be causing the high blood pressure now, headaches and dizziness when my operation is very much better and I do not feel any pains from the wound. Also what is causing the pain, numbness and swelling in my hands, and I also what causes this funny way of bleeding, the blood stops coming out for some hours then when it comes out, is as if a tap has been opened for a minute and closed. Then the blood disappears again. The blood comes out as if I am urinating and it is very light and watery, however it seems to have whitish discharged or stuff.

I can't explain the blood pressure ad it may be a coincidence that it occurred shortly after your caesarean. A physician should check you out. The same would apply to the swelling of your hands.
In terms of the bleeding, it should get less and less wth time. As long as that happens, there is nothing to worry about.

3

Posted by: Unique | 2010/09/28

It sound like Pre-eclampsia which you can get during pregnancy or soon after. Not to scare you but it is a serious condition and you should really watch you blood pressure. I would also not wait for Friday (I have suffered from the condition) rather see a GOOD GP or monitor you BP regularly. If get high ask to see you gynae immediately or go to casualty in you nearest hospital.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Zama | 2010/09/28

Hi Worried-K

I would not wait for an appointment that is scheduled for Friday. Things are not sounding well. Can you not see your GP in the meantime? Just so that you can get an idea of what is going on. Your gynae should have tried to slot you in sooner.

Reply to Zama