Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2011-07-12

Very painful &  uncomfy

Hi there doc. For about 2 or 3 weeks now i noticed that there has been a pain on the right side of my butt but more upwards towards my waist, its where I normally use to have my flu shots. Thing is, sometime back i felt this pain on my right side &  I had some trouble sleeping on that side for about 3 weeks now but i let it pass from then because I thought it could have been a spasm or something but last night I rubbed it with some vicks thinking maybe its just a cramp muscle &  felt this round lump like a little marble &  its quite sore. I hadnt been able to sleep comfortable from the time this started &  im begining to worry now. It isnt on the left side though just the right side. I dont know if this info is of any use to you but i had been going to this GP from a child &  he always gave me Voltaren injections &  when i changed my GP''s 2 years back the GP i go to now had told me that those injections are banned because they were found to be causing problems in the body, cant remember what he mentioned. What scares me now is this is the exact spot where I have always taken those injections.Could it have some link to that? From the time i have been going to my new GP he doesnt ever give me injections just medication &  tablets. Please help. Its very uncomfy when using my jeans aswell because the belt area is holding right against it causing the pain to get worse. Thank you.

Nicole

The lump and the subsequent pain that you experience can be due to fibrosis that formed underneath the skin in the muscle tissue, possibly due to the injections. Consult a physio therapist, in order to have the fibrosis alleviated with laser and ultrasound. You can consult your GP to have an ultrasound of the area done to get a better idea of what this painful mass could be.