Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/11/18

Very Oily Hair - Even Straight After Washing

Hi Doc,

Since about 4 days ago, I have been experiencing incredibly greasy hair on my scalp (the rest seems fine). Even after washing and not applying any conditioner, it is still so oily - it looks as though I have added oil to my shampoo.

I have not changed my hair products, so it can' t be that. I have washed all of my brushes thoroughly in case they had product build up. Yet the same things happens every day. I actually can' t wear my hair loose at all! It' s AWFUL.

I have never had a problem with oily hair, nor with dandruff. The only change I have made in the past couple of weeks is taking a collagen supplement, but I am not sure if this would cause oily hair (even after washing) - it is meant to improve the condition of hair. Another possibility could be stress - the past month has been quite stressful, but I am quite relaxed now, so I don' t think it could be this either.

Please help me with any suggestions.

Thank you!

Hallo Lisa
This is usually caused by over-production of sebum by the scalp. It may have a hormonal cause and it may help to use a contraceptive like Diane to reduce the oiliness. Collagen supplements should not be a factor.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/18

Hallo Lisa

Reply to cyberdoc