Question

Very little sensation &  lubrication during sex

I am currently 21wks pregnant.

I have very little sensation &  basically no lubrication during sex, even after foreplay.

Lubrication does not help a lot either...I still remain very tight.

Even during masturbation I have very little sensation &  no lubrication.

During my 1st pregnancy I couldn' t get enough sex &  now it feels as if my body is broken.

Feels as if my body is getting less &  less responsive to stimulation over time......

Please help!

Anon

Apologies for the delay in response.

This does sound unusual as lubrication is usually easier during pregnancy due to the enhanced blood flow to the genital area. The fact that you are feeling 'tight' suggests to me that there is more at play here than just your body though - I am wondering what else is happening in your life, relationship that might account for your body not responding. Our sexual response is closely tied to our psychological wellbeing and so if there is anything amiss in that respect, it could be that your body is just showing the impact of that.

Try to relax as best you can and experiment with sensation and responsiveness by yourself (i.e. self stimulation). Try not to force the issue, but be open to see what you can feel. If you notice general sensation in the genital region is reduced even then, perhaps check this out with your doctor to make sure that no nerves are trapped.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/01/25

Apologies for the delay in response.

Reply to Sexologist