very irregular periods

i am 26 yrs old, i have always had a very irregular menstrual cycle (3 months nothing then a bleed then nothing again for 2/3 months)
but before i got married 3 years ago it started to become more " normal"  then i went onto the injection (depro - i think that' s what they call it) for a while but after about 3 months i had continuous bleeds, i went to the gynae whom then put me on yasmin i was on it for about 2 and half years and had regular periods, but in november last year i stopped because my husband and i want to have a baby, the thing is since then i only had a period at the end of december and again at the end of march and nothing since, i was wondering if you think i should go see a doctor or just wait and see if it goes back to normal, i did a pregnancy test and it was negative so i' m not pregnant, could this affect me getting pregnant?

It sounds like you have a problem with ovulation and should definitely see a gynaecologist as you will not fall pregnant as things are.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-29

I was in the exact situation. Eventually is stopped completely. I went to three different Gyane' s and eventually the third doctor found what the problem was.....I have PCOS.

I think you should go to a different Doc.

All the best!