Posted by: John | 2011-04-23

Very high heart bpm ?

I have been running since September 2010 and before that I used to gym 5times a week and 3 of those days I spent on an elliptical trainer for 30mins.

I have recently purchased a Polar HRM, and according to the device my " in the zone"  is between 127 and 166, but I never seem to stay in those zones my average HR BPM is 185 even when going relatively slow. Today I ran for 1h:30mins and my HR was between 175bpm and 185bpm the entire time.

Should I be concerned about such a high bpm ? I am 25, 184cm and weigh 75kg. I recently had a cold and took a week break from running. I got better but still have a bit of the sniffles.

You sound very fit and that heart rate is normal for your age. Refrain from exercise until all your flu symptoms have dissapeared, as it can cause heart failure.