Posted by: celeste | 2009-06-25

very frustrated!!!! please give me ur opinion EVERYONE

ok ladies and gents. please tell me if i am right or if im losing my mind. I was dating this guy three years younger than me, i dated him for one and a half years. During that time i stayed with him (and his grandparents and sister) for 1 year, and we moved out and lived together for six months. After which we thought we' d break up due to too many differences and arguements. Not to mention i couldnt take his lying anymore. So that brings us to now. We were broken up for 3 of the most painful weeks of my life. After which last week we decided to try again. In those three weeks i GREW so much, and learnt more, and managed to see things from my perspective and his. Only problem is i dont think he' s grown. He has been numbing his pain with 10+ pain killers a shot, which he now says he' s stopped.. whether to believe? So now my ISSUE FOR THE MOMENT is this: We' ve been together for a week tomorrow again. And he STILL hasnt told his family (whom he' s living with again). Or his friends. NOW when i ask why he says he doesnt feel he is ready to tell them yet since its so close to when we broke up. To me i just feel like he' s hiding me. Ashamed of our relationship. But he insists this isnt true. I' m 24. I am scared i am making a huge mistake. We are busy arguing now cuz he says im pushing him to tell them. BUT my point is that HE shouldnt need pushing, he should be happy to tell them?? PLEASE any advise would be great.

Some guys seem to take a lot loonger to grow up than some women do. And are you talking about someone addicted to pain-killers ? IF he has chronic pain, he should be being cared for my a proper pain specialist, perhaps a neurologist, and not a GP. His reluctance to tell his family that he is back with you is a bit odd, though presumably he feels they will disagree and oppose this idea, and may just want to avoid the conflict, though surely they;re bound to find out before long ?

Posted by: Eish | 2009-06-26

Real now he is just a kid to cimmitt, so dont push dear...Just enjoy the relationship and try to sort out ur differences...Besides u' ve only been back for a week maybe he is afraid that its too soon to tell the family, what if u guys break up again?

Reply to Eish
Posted by: Pam | 2009-06-25

Ok, so you are 24 and he is only 21 ???? Very young for a guy to commit in a serious relationship thou!! Maybe take it slow at first and don' t push him to tell his family. Pain killers for heartbreak - ok that' s a new one. Does he know that it won' t help at all? Don' t expect him to be grown, it take men about 70 years to grow up (some never do)!!

Reply to Pam
Posted by: celeste | 2009-06-25

wow " ja"  you make a lot of sense actually and i never thought of that...

EXPERT: he takes 10+ painkillers to numb emotional pain he feels.. and he sleeps it away.

ALSO, thing is, i am quite close to his family. they seem to like me? i personally think they' d be really happy to see him get back with me... they always told me how great i am and how happy they are that he is with me.

I dont get it

Reply to celeste
Posted by: Ja | 2009-06-25

He told everybody what a b..h you are and they agreed. Now he doesn' t know how to tell them he is back with you.
Learnt not to bad-mouth an ex a long time ago for exactly this reason. Cant ever take her back.

Reply to Ja