Question
Posted by: SHELLY | 2012/09/28

VERY DRY HEELS AND CRACKED

i WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE N WHAT TO USE FOR VERY DRY HEELS AND SOMETIMES CRACKED HEELS, EVEN THOUGH I NEVER WALK BARE FOOT BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM. WHEN ON HOLIDAY AT THE COAST THE HEELS CRACK AND BLEED AFTER 3 DAYS ON THE BEACH. I HAVE TRIED VASELINE, BABY OIL, ZAMBUK, HEEL BALMS FOR CRACKED HEELS. i HAVE USED INGRAMS CAMPHOR CREAM THE ORIGINAL AND HERBAL EVERY SINGLE NIGHT THROUGH THE WINTER AND SLEPT WITH SOCKS ON. IN THE DAY I WOULD USE A HEEL BALM AND HAVE SOCKS ON ASWELL. I HAVE USED THE HEELS BALMS WITH 25% UREA BUT NO IMPROVEMENT. I DO HAVE A SPA BATH AND USE IT EVERY SECOND WEEK. SCRUB THE FEET WITH A FOOT SCRUB AND THEN USE A SPECIAL SAND PAPER BOUGHT AT THE BEAUTY SALON. SHOULD I TRY A STRONGER UREA AND WOULD I NEED A DR TO GIVE THIS . SUMMER HAS NOT EVEN STARTED AND MY HEELS ARE IN A MESS.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Shelly, thank you for the question.

Dry cracked heels are referred to (in the medical world) as hyperkeratosis of the heels; it is caused by the thickening of the outer margins of the heel with eventual progression over the entire heel and painful fissures may develop. Possible reasons include faulty walking technique & ill-fitting shoes.
Typically, treatment includes ammonium lactate (12% twice daily), salicylic acid (6-10% twice daily) or glycolic acid (10% twice daily). These ingredients can be found in a number of different brands such as Environ, Nimue, IS Clinical, NeoStrata, etc. (we use the NeoStrata Problem Dry Skin Cream in our practice).
Ultimately your best option would be to consult with a dermatologist who can examine the area and give you the best treatment approach.

6
Posted by: Elizma | 2015/09/25

I would like to k ow, why I cannot find this product on the shelves anymore. Really need to find some.

Reply to Elizma
Posted by: Nel | 2012/11/03

Can Ingrams Camphor cream cause cancer in any way? Can one overuse it?

Reply to Nel
Posted by: PMS | 2012/10/11

Regular pedicures will also help the cracked hills - I go once a month. For the dry skin, I use Epimax on my heels. Apply the cream rub it in and then wear socks until soaked in. Really works for me.

Reply to PMS
Posted by: Doris | 2012/09/30

Hi Shelly

I had the same problem and this is my new daily routine: after I shower in the mornings I use a skin file to remove any dead skin and apply cream to my feet. When I apply my hand cream at night I also use it on my feet (just before I go to sleep) and BINGO.....my feet look fabulous.

Reply to Doris
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/09/30

Hi Shelly, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: hi | 2012/09/28

Dont worry i suffer from the same problem, until I heard of miracle comfrey ..... brilliant... what I do is after washing my feet i gently brush it with the sand paper and then rub the miracle comfrey on... massage it in a little... put your socks on and go to bed... I have seen a difference in 3 days... if you wear closed shoes during the day you can do it .. I hope it will work for you .. please let me know good luck..

Reply to hi