Question
Posted by: sally | 2010/09/22

very drowy and weak when hungry

Hi Doc- I need to check why I feel this way when I am hungry..When I ahve not eaten anything in like 3 hours I feel very drowsy, weak and I cant even think or walk properly..I feel like a need food ASAP. Why is this- do I have an underlying problem and these are the symptoms?
I ahve checked by blood pressure twice and it was a bit lower than it should be...

Hallo Sally
You may get low blood sugar episodes. Try eating a diabetic diet - no to little sugar, low GI foods and eat something like provita and cheese in between meals to keep your blood sugar levelo constant. In some people sugar/high GI food (like white bread, cake, sweets, potatoes) triggers a spike in insulin which causes the blood sugar to drop too low.

2
Posted by: Barbara | 2010/09/22

Sally, I think you need to go and see your GP asap. You seem to be suffering from low glucose levels, this can be quite serious, I have lived with a diabetic for 27 years so I know the symptoms. Please do not play around with it.

Reply to Barbara
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/22

Hallo Sally