Posted by: Tarot Card Reader | 2009-06-11

Very difficult client

Hi there,
I read the tarot cards,I do many readings every day, But I have one lady who " keeps me hostage" , She is obsessed, She comes to me every day.She does see a shrink and is also on medication for depression. Her shrink, says that she must keep coming to me, because she feels better after my readings. BUT, I cannot handle her suicside threats any more, She is starting to depress me!!She is hurting and cries all the time.She is married with children, has a beautiful home and all the money she needs, but cries for a BOYFRIEND who left her two years ago.I do not know how to help her.She calls and SMSes me at all hours. My husband and my children are starting to get very annoyed. It would break her if I tell her to stop coming to me.She has become dependant on me........and her husband and children are hurting because of her behaviour

I can't imagine why a competent shrink would insist that a suicidal woman should continue to receive daily Tarot readings. You are entirely correct to recognize that she has major problems which you have absolutely no training to treat --- and whatever service you provide, is not meant to be a treatment or therapy. Contact the psychiatrist, and tell him that you are no longer prepared to accept being harrassed at all hours by this woman, and are uinable to handle her highly unstable psychiatric codition and suicidality, as you have no skills or qualifications to deal with it. Tell the shrink to make better plans for her treatment, and that if he does not arrange for her to stop this behaviour, you will consider getting a court order forbiding her from contacting you further. As he has so unwisely encouraged her to become dependent on you, remind him that he will have to be considered responsible for any ill-effects when you stop seeing her, as you have to stop accepting her harrassment

Posted by: Liza | 2009-06-12

I would say that you need to put your foot down. You cannot let a client interfere with your personal life. Besides which - having a tarot reading every single day is bound to be confusing. How is she supposed to make any concrete decisions if the info she receives to help make these decisions(like readings) that change every day? Not that I' m against tarot readings. I' m just saying that there has to be balance. Perhaps you could explain this to her?

Good Luck

Reply to Liza

Be glad she comes to you this often, then you can make more money off this poor woman