Posted by: Mad woman | 2013-01-15

Very cross at the coloured community.

Good day all. I just want to vent ok. First of all I am a colourerd myself and love being coloured. Today I feel I should just say what I want to say. Ok we as coloureds love name brands, fair enough, but if we can’ t afford it, why do we do it. Thank goodness I got OUT of the coloured community at a very young age so me and my children settle for anything, as long as we clean and we ALWAYS look nice without spending thousands. My point is this. Hubby has a child from a previous relationship, he do what needs to be done. EVERY YEAR this woman is nagging NON STOP for stationery this time of the year. Every December she take out BIG LAY BUYS for her child, easily coming to +-R5000.00 for her son, which is fine with me, as long as hubby does his part and as long as me, hubby and 2 children’ s clothes does not even reach that amount. Every Christmas he must fork out extra coz her child must wear these WONDERFUL clothes, every January she puts him under pressure for stationery. Last year Jan she did the same after the Christmas went wild, hubby told her she MUST buy less or less expensive stuff and see to stationery and uniform… … … … … .. NO WHY MUST SHE, what will the people think if her son wear tekkies of R100.00… … . she is calling non stop, asking for her MAINTENANCE NOW coz her child need school stuff after she did the same thing last year as well. WHY ARE WE SO OVER NAME BRANDS, she has an average job, paying an average salary, hubby pays her maintenance, enough to see to things, Dec always something extra, hoping she would put something away for Jan, but it does not happen. I am so frustrated at this woman and worst part, she is so damn rude, sending ugly sms’ s. what on earth is the difference between Ackermans and Skipper Bar… … .. Yes a lot, but children grow so fast, her skipper bar clothes can only last for one season and the same with my ackermans clothes… … …  difference is I paid R500.00 for a season’ s clothes and she paid R5000.00. And what makes me worse mad is hubby kinda feels bad, our children have everything coz we did all those things in Dec and his son has nothing now for school and must wait till month end!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!WHY!!!!!!!WHY!!!!!! Thanks all for listening to me nagging here

Posted by: tinawina | 2013-01-16

so firstly go klap the stupid woman upside the head. You are have to buy clothing within reason. Trust me no court is going to say that is okay. Yes he has to pay half of all costs but that woman is out of hand.

Yes I am coloured and yes my son wears name brands. Only shoes though as I believe that you buy a child decent shoes. So basically my son wears New Balance takkies.

You really dont have to allow that behaviour from her. Cut her off

Reply to tinawina
Posted by: cica | 2013-01-16

How about if your husband buys the clothes himself ? Maybe that could help . And if she laybyes expensive stuff - then she must pay for them herself ...

Reply to cica
Posted by: DH | 2013-01-16

Naai man, silfs die couloured laaitjies het goue tandje.

Reply to DH
Posted by: Kelly | 2013-01-15

Lady I do not think your problem has anything to do with being coloured! Not all coloureds are into name brands and not all of them have attitudes lol
You get all kinds of people into all kinds of things in every race.
I would suggest not giving her extra, this way she will learn to spend wisely come the following year.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-15

Spare the extra of Dec for January. If she ask where is December bonus, just tell her that it is reserved for School reopening in January.

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Mad Woman | 2013-01-15

No he is not unhappy, he pays what he must, Dec he give extra, during the year when the child visits we will buy stuff as well........... it''s about this mother being irresponsible!!!!! buying expensive clothes in Dec and forget about January.......

Reply to Mad Woman
Posted by: DH | 2013-01-15

If he is unhappy about the amount of money that he has to pay on maintenanace then he should go to court and ask to have the amount changed.

Reply to DH