Question
Posted by: Bronz | 2012/07/05

Very confused

i am really hoping i can get some sort of clarity on my worries at the moment.
My last period was on the 1st June and as of today i am still not on. I have done a few home pregnancy tests and all results are negative.... Yesterday i went and had a blood test done and that is alos negative...
I have been extremely moody and quite tired, but battle to sleep right through the night. My lower abdomen is quite swollen. And i seem to have lost all labido???? Very stange.....
I have spoken to a few people and they have said that it is way to early to do any tests and that i also have worked out my period due date wrong.
Could you please assist me in understanding what is going on.

I am really wanting to be pregnant and this not knowing is killing me.... I hope i am not just worrying about this soo much that it is playing tricks with my body and mind...

Thanks in advance :-)

A blood test would have been positive by now if you were pregnant. Causes of missed periods include cysts, hormone imbalances, change in diet, stress.

6
Posted by: Momof3 | 2012/07/10

Hi Bronz

You are not that late really. Wait for 12 days after the last period was due. Then if your period has not arrived go see a Gynea. Sometimes our bodies can skip a month. You could be under too much stress, not eating enough etc. all these things take a toll on the body. You dont say your age but seeing you talk about still wanting to fall pregnant I gather still young. If you where over 50 I would say menopause. But be patient , wait for 12 days &  then see if it has not arrived yet. Good Luck.
PS: If you where pregnant it would show in a blood test even at this early. ( i have 3 kids ).

Reply to Momof3

Posted by: Bronz | 2012/07/05

I did the last home test on Tuesday and then I just did a blood test yesterday.

I have been told that i should mabye wait for a few more days and then do another home test...

Thanks very much for your responses... :)

Reply to Bronz
Posted by: Nini | 2012/07/05

So either way, you''re late.

if the blood test and the pregnancy tests came back negative then your only last option is to see a gynea. I suspect that coming off the pill might have something to do with it, although that was 6 months ago?

How long ago did you take a pregnancy test?

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Bronz | 2012/07/05

I have always worked on a 28 day cycle - which would mean i should have come on on Thursday or Friday last week, but i have been told that it could be 31 day cycle - which would mean that i shoudl have come on Monday or Tuesday this week ... I know this sounds strange but I was on the pill for a very long time and i came off in Janaury 2012.

Reply to Bronz
Posted by: Nini | 2012/07/05

If you say that you have worked out your due date for your period to be wrong, then when exactly are you expecting your period?

If your period is not technically late yet then yes it is too early to test. But if you are officially late and you should have started by now then you will be able to do a test with accurate results.

Reply to Nini