Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2009-10-26

Very Confused

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor. He gave me medication for bladder infection and some anxiety pills. It was only for 4 days that I had to drink the medication. I had my period on the 6/10 until 9/10 and after using the medication had another period on 12/10 to 17/10. I realised that one of the meds is antibiotic. So clearly it had an effect on my pill (Nordette).
It' s been 9 days afterwards, I stopped using the anxiety meds.
My stomach feels uncomfortable, I get period like cramps and it s not always in the same spot. I feel hungry a lot, but struggle to eat. Feels nauseous sometimes. Have terrible headaches.
What' s going on? I don' t know if I can be pregnant. Have been on the pill for 5yrs. Don t want to do a preg test - afraid it would be + and will be dissapointed if its negative.

As you took antibiotics which could have interfered with the Pill, pregnancy is a possibility. It is a bit early for pregnancy symptoms, so I would suggest that you wait till November 6th and then test if your period has not come.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-28