Posted by: Anon for this | 2013-02-15

Very Angry...

The company that I work for is currently in the process of being sold. Towards the end of December I was head hunted and offered a similar position in another company which I was willing to take. When I informed my manager of this he immediately made me a counter offer and promotion (I was being groomed for the job but would have only been placed probably in 2014).

2 months into the job, I find out that my manager is being demoted which means some of the departments within the division will be filtered into other departments and myself having only recently being placed in this position will also be demoted not only to my previous position but to an even lower level.

My manager submitted his resignation to leave during this week.

I sit here and I am just in tears! I worked 6 yrs to be where I was before the promotion and to have to be dropped to a level where I was when I initially started working is very heartbreaking for me!

I don''t mind being put a lower level. atleast I will have a job but climbing up that ladder again is what really kills me.

The job market is so slow at the moment - I really don''t know what to do????

Posted by: T | 2013-02-15

Ao, askies Anon. All I can advise you to do is to apply elsewhere in the meantime and hope for the best. Good luck!

Reply to T
Posted by: Woman | 2013-02-15

Yooo sincerely sorry to hear about that mam.
You have a choice though, give in into despair or roll your sleeves pull your socks and job hunt like you never have before

Reply to Woman