Posted by: bonnie green | 2009-11-17

vertigo/meniere disease

am 55 female have suffered most of my life with vertigo how would I know the difference between vertigo and meniere disease what can I do to prevent the occurence of these frequent bouts which are very debilitating could the fact that I had polio as a child have any effect on this as it is the same side as my polio

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Bonnie

The polio you suffered as a child has no bearing on your current symptoms.
Vertigo may have many causes, Meniere's Disease being a very rare possibility. It is important that your vertigo is properly diagnosed to enable proper management. You would need an ENT opinion regarding the possible cause, and an audiogram (hearing test) will be needed to assist in the diagnosis. Depending on the result, a MRI scan may or may not be required.

Posted by: yolande van heerden | 2010-01-12

can sinus be the cause of vertigo? is there any links between sinus and vertigo and is there any links between earacke and vertigo?

Reply to yolande van heerden