Posted by: Andre | 2008-11-18

Vertigo &  Nausea

I have been having these symptoms for the last 3 days, although the nausea and vomiting was only on the first day, I am a male and 49 yrs and had a medical checkup a week ago and everything was fine, blood pressure, urine test included. I have no inner ear pain but my neck is a bit stiff. I have been using " stugeron 15"  as medication which seems to help regarding the nausea, however, the vertigo is still there which concerns me. Please advise

Kind Regards

Hallo Andre
It sounds as if you have vertigo, which can be caused by a middle ear infection or a pressure buildup in the middle ear at one side. It may take up to a week to clear up totally. If you have neck stiffness, headache and fever you may need to let your doctor have another look because this could be signs of a meningitis infection.