Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/01

vertigo

you answered my post last week and said vertigo was possible. I am sure you are right as for the past few months I have been battling with a feeling of " deafness"  and ringing in my ears every so often. It also feels like pressure in my ears. I am not on medical aid at the moment so would like to ask you - is it necessary to see a Dr for this? I have had this feeling of offbalance for over a week now - if i move my head esp when lying in bed it seems the room is spinning and i am going to fall over.

Dear Anonymous
It will be better to see a doctor to see if there is a treatable cause ( like a middle ear infection) but I suppose you could also see a clinic sister?