Question
Posted by: Dezi | 2009/11/16

Verkalking

help me with the following diagnosis received from the X-Ray department.
Prominent osteo-arthritic changes with rigtht sided subarticular cyst as well as cycts in relation to the posterior lip of the articular surface of the right acetabulum with mild joint space narrowing and valgus of both femur necks. Early degeneration of the right SI joint. No signs of spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis, The AP and lateral alignment appeared normal. Disc space narrowing L5/S1 as well as L1/L2 with calcification of the nucleus pulposus most probably due to previous injury. WHAT DOES "  CALCIFICATION MEAN" ? IS IT " VERKALKING"  AND WHAT CAUSES IT?? HOW CAN I PREVENT FURTHER PROBLEMS AND HOW CAN I CURE IT? THANKS

Hallo Dezi,
Calicification is "verkalking" and it often happens as a result of previous injury or sometimes due to aging process. I don't think there is much you can do to prevent or cure the current changes, because osteoarthritic changes causes permanent damage to the joint.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/17

Hallo Dezi,

Reply to cyberdoc