Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2010-04-15

Verbal deal

Please help! to cut a long story short, I submitted a business plan to my boss which was given the go ahead by the CEO with two directors in the office at the time. A month later when I had not heard any progress I requested a meeting. CEO said straight out " why should you make the money if we can. We have decided to do it " in house" "  He then suggested that when the business was to open I could possibly run the show with a profit share situation. Now the business is due to open, with no prospects of involving me at all!!!! Do they actually have the right to do this? Should I see a Lawyer?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: VERBAL DEAL

It does sound like you have a commercial right to the business plan. You should see a commercial lawyer.

3
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010-04-19

RE: VERBAL DEAL

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2010-04-16

The company pays your salary and therefore are entitled to all outputs that you create while in their employment.

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Colin | 2010-04-15

If this is happening inside a business that you all actually work for there is not my you can do.
I have been through similar things a few times before revolving around bonuses and projects.
In the end I would have to play my cards close to my chest

Consult with some one to see if you can get legal advice but I never had much luck following the internal process.

Reply to Colin