Verbal abuse at work

Good day- I`m the only female in my department. My boss is very rude, abusive and very unprofessional. He`s a no can`t when it comes to me but accepts NO from male colleagues. Sometimes he threatens to fire me as if he owns the company. I`ve reported the matter to the HR Dept. thousand times and discussed it-all the same. Just got back from maternity leave have asked him to start my shift 2 hrs late and explained to him that I expect the salary adjustment as in going less than what it is- he refused. Came in late this morning (I understand tardiness is not acceptable under any circumstances) he did not want to accept my apology whereas 1 of the guys I work with did not pitch up for work yesterday- he called him and spoke so softly requesting a DR`s note. The conclusion with the HR Dept. was that everyone knows him that he doesn`t take no for an answer and that I should find meaningful ways to handle him- which is ridiculous!!!!!! I really need an advise....thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

There is not lmuch you can do other than to raise a official grievance with the Human Resources department. It would probably be worthwhile for you to raise this grievance only if others are prepared to join you, otherwise you are going to get further trouble from your direct superior.