Posted by: P | 2009-09-29

Venous and uterine calcifications

I have abdominal pain with predominant pain on the left side for years. After all kinds of tests over the years, including recent tests, doctors say everything seems to be okay. However, a recent x-ray summary says the following: unremarkable views of the abdomen with incidental appearing venous and uterine calcification on left side of pelvis. My doctor didn' t say a thing about the results and just said all of my pain is due to psychological reasons, i.e., nervousness and stressful daily life. But I don' t know if I should be concerned. Is it normal to have calcifications? Do they affect my fertility in some way? I' m in my mid twenties.

Venous calcification is normal and is normally seen on an abdominal x-ray. I do however, suggest that you consult an gastro-intestinal surgeon to have a abdominal laporoscopy done (visualisation with a small cameral inside the abdomen).