Question
Posted by: Gary | 2012/03/23

Venlor XR

I take 150 mg venlor xr at 7 pm. I notice that the first 12 hours seem to be more effective in its antidepressant effect, and it wanes about 21 + hours later, maybe the dose is just too low, but from what Ive read on the internet some people split the dose IE they take 75 mg venlor xr in the morning and 150 mg at night. I have a script to increase dose, can I take 150 mg at 7 pm and another 37,5 mg at round 10 pm or perhaps in the morning, to extend the effects or do you have to take it at the same time considering that its a extended release.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Gary

This medicine is intended to be taken as a single dose with food either in the morning or in the
evening at approximately the same time each day. Some patients have however used 150mg in the AM and 75mg in the PM dosages.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/03/26

Hi Gary

Reply to pharmacist