Question
Posted by: Gary | 2012-03-23

Venlor xr

I understand that venlor xr is supposed to last 24 hours, but for me its positive effects are stronger in the first 12 hours and appears to wane closer to the next dose, ie 22 + hours later, I take 150 mg at 7 pm, should I take another 37,5 mg at about 10 pm or perhaps in the morning,( I have a script to increase dose) , or do you have to take it at the same time, or does it matter at all when you take it??

All antidepressants, to the extent that they are useful, work towards exerting steady chemical changes, not effects you'd notice related to individual pills. After the initial period the aim, including that of XR and similar preparations, is to produce steady blood levels, which would NOT dip significantly through the day.
The aim of the XR is to produce steady levels throughout the day without needing to take multiple doses ; the main reason for choosing what time of day to take them is in regard to side-effects, which may be more evident sooner after taking the pill than later.

3
Posted by: GARY | 2012-03-26

Ive been taking it for about 5 months, Doc didnt really answer my question

Reply to GARY
Posted by: Maria | 2012-03-24

My p-doc told me to take it in the morning as it can keep you awake. How long have you been taking it?

Reply to Maria