Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/03/04

Venlor and weaning off Remeron

Hi Doc. I posted a while back about my psychiatrist putting me on Venlor and weaning me off Remeron as I was putting on weight with Remeron. I am now up to the full dose of Venlor 75mg and for the last week have been taking 15mg Remeron instead of the 30mg. My anxiety is back....how long should I give the Venlor to control the anxiety? Or is this just a symptom of the weaning off process? Or should I contact my psychiatrist to put me on a higher dose of Venlor? Thanks Doc.

This is a very uncommon and unusual combination which I would never think of using, but presumably your own specific psychiatrist has a particular plan in mind and has good experience of the combination, so you really must go back to him/her to discuss your concerns and to interpret this complex situation. I know of no research or general experience of this combination to provide me with a good response to this - it's your psychiatrist who presumably has this as a basis for his decision to use this combination

1