Posted by: Susan | 2011-10-03

Venlor and hot flushes

Hi Doc, I am 55 and took Angeliq for a year, stopped it, then was on Livifem for a month, but I dont like the tiblone in it, overall I am just plain scared of HRT! The doctor now suggested that I use Venlor for the hot flushes, will this help please, also isnt this habit forming and what are the side effects please? Thanks and kind regards.

Venlor is an antidepressant which is known to alleviate hot flushes. Never stop taking Venlor without consulting your doctor, once you have started on it. It is imperative to slowly withdraw the product. It is a very safe product but you can ask your pharmacist for a copy of the information leaflet. As with all medication, it has a long list of possible side effects. It is not habit forming.