Question
Posted by: karla | 2012-02-06

venlor and epetic for bipolar treatment

I have been on venlor and epetic as part of my bipolar treatment,and have put on a lot of weight despite healthy eating and excercise.is there any other medication that does not have such a drastic side effect?also in trying to wean off the medication the side effects are horrible

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Karla - Both of these medicines MAY indeed cause weight gain in some, although they are probably some of the products less likely to mess with your weight. In essence, some people react in a different way to certain medicines in comparison to others. Best would be to discuss our concern with your prescribing doctor - He may be willing to try different combo's (although most others may have similar effects).

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012-02-07

Reply to pharmacist