Question
Posted by: anne | 2010/04/16

Venlor and alcohol

Hi Doc. I am on Venlor 150mg and I know I should not drink alcohol while I am on it. I hardly drink as I dont like the taste or the feeling it gives me and the last time I did was about 2 months ago. However, I have met a guy and it would be nice to have a glass of wine with my meal once in a while. Is that ok? Thanks.

Probably there would no be problems with an occasional glass of wine - but you know, you really don't need to drink alcohol to enjoy yourself with someone - especially as you say you don't like the taste or the feeling it goes you. Try just explaining calmly and pleasantly to him that you really don't like alcohol, but would enjoy any nice non-alcoholic drink.
Any substantial amount of alcohol intake is both depressing in itself, and interferes with the helpful actions of such AD drugs

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/12

I'm on be love and my husband likes to drink wine with our meals, so I have been joining him. To be honest I think we have been drinking a little too much so while he is away I would like to stop although I think it's going to be quite tough as I'm enjoying my wine a lot these days. My shrink told me that I can drink in moderation but I think a few drinks every night is overdoing g right? I know I need to lay down the law when I come back but that usually doesn't work either so I guess my approach needs to be adjusted. Pls tell me what are the adverse effects and I also take aspavor for cholesterol. I do think my focus and memory is bad. Thank you

Posted by: Lizelle | 2013/11/04

Really Tracy?? Do you think your question is necessary...

Reply to Lizelle
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/04/17

mmm so you met a guy? Is he good in bed?

Reply to Tracy