Question
Posted by: COncerned | 2010-08-18

Venlor &  periods

HI there

I am 31 years old and on Venlor (venlaxafine) and Epitec (Lamotrigine) for depression. I am also on the contraceptive pill - have been for nearly 15 years. The last few months (I have only been on the Venlor a few months) I have not had a period. For 2 months Ifelt as if my period was going to start and then...nothing. Then the month before last I had a light period. The last period a few weeks back, again there was nothing. There is no way I am pregnant.
WHat is going on? Could it be the meds, or could it be PCOS?

If you are definitely not pregnant, then it is possible that the Lamotrigine has interacted with the Pill and resulted in the irregular cycle.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-22