Question
Posted by: E Parreira | 2010/10/25

Venlor

I was described Venlor 150mg and has been taking it for the last 5 months. I started the sixth packet two days ago but would like to know how I go about weening myself off the pills.
Could you please advise.

Thank you.

Expert ImagePharmacist

This will have to be done on the advice of your doctor, and only if you feel you really dont need it anymore. A six month course is rather short for treating severe depression, but thats my opinion.

Venlor is available in lower strengths: 75 and 37.5 mg which may make weaning (if needed) much easier) - Your doc has the option of prescribe a lower, gradually declining dose over a period of time.

All the best.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/10/27

All the best.

Reply to pharmacist