Question
Posted by: RL | 2010/03/18

Venlor

Hello ,

I would like to find out about Venlor 150 mg. I take one capsule a day for GAD and depression , but I have noticed for some time now that I battle falling asleep and that I a shaky left had... I use to be one 75 mg a day , but my GAD got so bad that the pyschatrist put me up to double the dose. Is this a common side effect or could there being something else that causes these shakes/insomnia.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi R

Yes, these are known side-effects of Venlafaxine (the active of Venlor), but are not classified as common.

You should be able to wean of these without a problem - However, the best would be to stop only when the depression and GAD are something of the past, otherwise staying on it may be a better option.

All the best

5
Posted by: RL | 2010/03/19

Thanks for the info

Much appreciated

Cheers

Reply to RL
Posted by: RL | 2010/03/19

Thanks for the info

Much appreciated

Cheers

Reply to RL
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/03/19

Hi R

All the best

Reply to pharmacist
Posted by: RL | 2010/03/18

One more thing...I have been on anti-depressants like Venlor for over 15 years now. Is it possible that any of these drugs may have altered me physiologically ...am i dependent on them or will I be able to wean off them over time without serious side effects... I am worried that drugs may have altered me

Thank you for your service , many people probably get answers like this...much appreciated!

Reply to RL
Posted by: RL | 2010/03/18

Reply to RL