Question
Posted by: Luane | 2011/12/01

Venlafaxine cross tapering with valdoxane

Hi there,

I am cross tapering going off venlafaxine to valdoxane. One day I take venlafaxine the next valdoxane.

Basic Diary:

Monday - Valdoxane (slept really well)
Tuesday - Venlafaxine (woke up after valdoxane, feeling a bit
drowsy, but had nausea and dizzyness, when I
move my head it felt like everything came after).
Wednesday - Valdoxane (noticed some swelling around my
ankles took my valdoxane dose slept well, but
woke still with swollen ankles)
Thursday - Venlafaxine - Still to take my venlafaxine today. Not
feeling drowsy, nausea or funny head feelings.

Something that is worrying me is the fact that my ankles are swollen. Are this a normal withdrawel symptom?

I know i will be experiencing some withdrawel, I have only been on the venlafaxine(Venlor) for 16 days.

Please can you advise if the swelling is normal or not?

Regards,

Luane Lavery

Why is your own psychiatrist ( such things MUST be managed by a psychiatrist and not a GP ) not telling you these things, and discussing them with you ? This is a complicated chemical situation, and HE devised the particular manner of change-over you are following.
Taking the different meds on alternate days won't be likely to be responsible for changing effects noticed each day - if a sympom noticed on day 8 due to the drug you took that day, or remaining effects of the drug from the previous day, or a whtdrawal effects o the other drug ?
Personally, I think it better to wean someone off the first drug fully and then start the new drug, so at leas its clearer what is causing what, and what isn't !

1