Question
Posted by: Luane | 2011/12/01

Venlafaxine cross tapering to Valdoxane

Hi there,

I am cross tapering going off venlafaxine to valdoxane. One day I take venlafaxine the next valdoxane.

Basic Diary:

Monday - Valdoxane (slept really well)
Tuesday - Venlafaxine (woke up after valdoxane, feeling a bit
drowsy, but had nausea and dizzyness, when I
move my head it felt like everything came after).
Wednesday - Valdoxane (noticed some swelling around my
ankles took my valdoxane dose slept well, but
woke still with swollen ankles)
Thursday - Venlafaxine - Still to take my venlafaxine today. Not
feeling drowsy, nausea or funny head feelings.

Something that is worrying me is the fact that my ankles are swollen. Are this a normal withdrawel symptom?

I know i will be experiencing some withdrawel, I have only been on the venlafaxine(Venlor) for 16 days.

Please can you advise if the swelling is normal or not?

Regards,

Luane Lavery

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Luane

Caution should be taken when administering VALDOXAN (agomelatine) with other antidepressants
as the safety and efficacy of VALDOXAN agomelatine) in combination with other antidepressants has not been examined. I'm not saying that the effect you're exeriencing is related to the combination you're using, but it cannot be excluded.

The swelling is worrying - If it it does not subside you will have to see your doctor for an evaluation.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/12/02

Hi Luane

Reply to pharmacist