Question
Posted by: Luane | 2011/11/23

Venlafaxine

hi there,

I have recently went off cilift and on to venlafaxine. I am trying to see if it will be better for my sex drive and being all tired....

I would like to know if this is a good drug. I have experienced some stomach cramps and I am on my third week. It feels like i need to go to the loo all the time like i have a stomach bug.

Can this be worsening my ibs?

Expert ImagePharmacist

In my opinion Venlafaxine is VERY effective in a large percentage of patients being treated with it. However, disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain are very common. If you find these troublesome or if it get worse, discuss it with your prescriber.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/11/24

Reply to pharmacist