Posted by: Jenna | 2010-08-31

Veins on legs and ankles

Hi Cyberdoc

I''ve been on cortisone ages (yes its me the 42 yrs+ lady). Suddenly my legs ache and I know its the veins as I can pinpoint the pain. Went to GP, he has sent me to see a vascular surgeon. I don''t hve that kind of money right now. I am getting pressure stockings (proper ones fm my chemist hv been measured by the nursing sister today). Can Panado help for pain? Its a dull achey and burny pain uncomfortable. Not hot, stabbing pains, no hot spots. But the green vein on side of my knee is sore. I hear there is a medication that my GP can prescribe and it shrinks veins taken longterm. I have allergies. Is this tab for everyone as a rule? I hate stockings and used to wear 3/4 lycra leggings insted with stocks and errr. a control panty. Rid of both. But what else can I do. I sit and stand a lot at my job. I try to exercise.

Hallo Jenna
Try something like Thrombophob gel on the vein. Try and wear the support stocking even if only for a week or so.