Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2009/11/30

Veins &  Water

Hi Doc, I am 42. Recently my GP discovered that I have excess water in my legs due to veins. He, however gave me water tablets to take once a day. When I retire at night my legs and feet pain tremendously. I have to take pain killers almost everyday. Are there any other test I need to take and how do I control the problem.
Thanking you

Hallo Charlie
If you have venous stasis due to varicose veins, or due to previous deep vein thrombosis, you may need to wear venous pressure stockings. One needs to be 100% sure why you get swelling of the legs - has he tested your kidney functions and checked for heart failure? You can also have a doppler test of the legs to determine if the blood flow through the legs is normal.
See also http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/document_disorders.cfm?id=202

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/30

Hallo Charlie

Reply to cyberdoc