Posted by: Dee | 2012-11-30

Vein supplements

I have horrible blue veins on my legs from thigh to ankle and haven''t worn a skirt for years. Runs in the family and getting worse with age. The veins on my hands are also very prominent. I''ve read that very " elastic"  veins are often found in people suffering from migraines, which I suffer from. I see with interest supplements promoting strong and healthy leg veins, but whatever effect these actually have on strengthening vein walls, one swallows these, so don''t they effect all other veins in the body too? or are these pills designed to target specific veins in the legs?

Dear Dee
It is improbably that an OTC supplement would be designed to target only certain veins in the body. I am not convinced that these supplements are effective either. I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist for advice on treatment of the varicose veins and then ask him/her if the use of such supplements is advisable or not. If you do suffer from migraine, then any products that would widen the veins could make the migraines worse. Please go for professional treatment, rather than to experiment with products which may or may not be effective.