Question
Posted by: :0) | 2008/10/21

Vein removal

What is the procedure and costs involved in removing a vein?

I have a horrible thick vein that is very obvious on my upper thigh which I heard can be removed.

Can you also please tell me where this procedures are done?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi “:0)”, thank you for the question.

There are a number of options for vein removal and the choice depends on the size of the vein, the technology available and the financial implications of choosing an option.
Typically laser vein removal can be done on veins 0.5mm to 4mm in diameter. Slightly thicker veins will need to be treated with sclerotherapy. Typically these procedures are performed by dermatologists or aesthetic medical practitioners but I will need to know where you live (city) to refer you to someone specific.

1
Posted by: :0) | 2008/10/23

Thank you for your response.

I am in the East Rand area.

Reply to :0)