Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-06-09

Vegetarian craving meat

I have been a vegetarian for 7 years now but I have begun to crave meat in the past three months. I have also developed very bad mood swings which I cannot relate to anything, and my libido has all but disappeared.

I have not changed anything in my diet, nor my personal and work life.

I take an iron supplement daily which I have been on for over a year.

Is there something obvious missing from my nutrition suddenly? Should I be going for some sort of test?

Kind regards.

Hallo Anon
You may be suffering from a Vit B shortage. Try taking a vit B complex supplement and ask your doctor to do a full blood count to see if you are anemic? Vegetarians often develop an Iron and Vit B shortage, so this is something you need to regularly check in future.

2
Posted by: sue | 2010-06-09

Having been a vegetarian for years until falling very ill from improper suplementing, I would say the reason you are craving meat is your body telling you what it needs. If you are suplementing correctly, and are not anaemic, then maybe its time to go for blood tests to make sure all is right in your system.

Reply to sue
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-09

Hallo Anon