Question
Posted by: Judy | 2011/01/17

VEGETARIAN

Hello! I would like to find out if you have read Alicia Silverstones ''The Kind Diet'' and if you have, what do you think about the book? Also, what do you think about being vegetarian? Thanks!

Dear Judy
I have not yet read Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet", which I presume is about vegetarianism? I think that a vegetarian diet that still includes eggs, milk and dairy products is a healthy option and should not lead to any deficiencies or problems. If you decide to follow a strict vegetarian (no eggs or dairy) or a vegan diet, then you may need to take supplements of iron, zinc, calcium, vit B12 and even protein to ensure that you do not develop deficiencies.

1

Dear Judy