Question

Vegetarian

I' ve been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and spent a three month period at a summer camp in the states 2 years ago where I lived on peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Since then, apart from putting on 7kgs which I am still trying to loose, I feel extremely bloated. I eat a lot of fiber and have between 4 and 6 potions of fruit and veg a day, and I eat soy 2 - 3 times a week. What can I do to make my tum feel ok again?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

It sounds like you are eating enough fibre and a healthier diet now than you were at summer camp. You need to ensure that you are also drinking enough water and hydrating adequately. I would recommend that you consider consulting a dietician for advise on how to manage your diet to ensure you are getting enough nutrition, protein and good fats from your vegetarian diet, while also still trying to loose weight. You can try a daily probiotic to help assist with your gut health, regulation and nutrient absorption. I know that Reuteri is one vegetarian option.

1
Posted by: Probiotics Expert | 2009/10/23

Reply to Probiotics Expert