Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-14

vegatarian protein

What can I eat as a high sourse of protein. I am trying to lose weight. I need something vegetarian. Is Frys veggie soya burgers high in protein? I need a protein that will help with my weightloss but also replace e.g. a piece of chicken in my diet. So essentially something that is high in protein and will help me lose some weight. Like if the diet says to eat a steak with veggies, whjat is my vegatarian alternative?

Dear Almost Mad
Because plant sources of protein are low in fat and don't contain any cholesterol, and are rich in dietary fibre and protective nutrients, using plant protein instead of meat or chicken should actually benefit your weightloss and your general health. The following foods are all regarded as sources of plant protein: all cooked or canned dry beans, peas, lentils and soya. You can buy the veggie soya burgers (just check that the burgers have not had a lot of fat added to them), or soya mince or tofu, or have baked beans on wholewheat bread, or a vegetable and canned bean salad. The trick is not to smother the legumes in too much fat or oil as this piles on the kJ.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-10-14

Dear Almost Mad
Enjoy